Walk in wardrobe/dressing room - Odd room! Help/Ideas please
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Loving the idea to have a walking wardrobe but where I put the door ?
Comments (4)consider putting your bed in the dressing room and wardrobes and dressing area near the ensuite in the current master bedroom. Perhaps more than one opening through would be good....See MoreDressing room help!
Comments (6)Hi there, you are right, the shelves next to the alcove would block the access, so I don't recommend that. Since this is a dressing room, I assume you will want to have a mirror in there? So how about having a full lenght mirror next to the alcove and then some hooks to the left of the mirror for handbags and accessories? Install the shelves in the wall opposite the alcove (taking into account the door and the window) and again install hooks on both sides of the shelves for accessories. Please note that the shelves don't have to be very deep, I would go for 30cm deep shelves. Take advantage of the the space on top of the alcove and put a wall to wall shelf there. You can use this shelf for items that are seldomly used, but still need to be stored somewhere. Kati...See MoreWalk through dressing area
Comments (6)Hi! As 'Man About the House' suggested, you could maximise space by having an l-shaped corner hanging rail on the right hand side. We design and fit built-in wardrobes which can have doors, or be fitted without. Sliding doors can often be the best solution in small spaces, and mirrored ones would help lessen the enclosed feeling you mentioned you were concerned about. With regards to height, we often fit a pull-down hanger to the upper tier in rooms with high ceilings. Please get in touch if you'd like any more help! Best of luck!...See MoreHelp with bedroom, walk in wardrobe and ensuite
Comments (16)Hi; without being rude I don’t think you have the space for both. Walk in wardrobes take up a lot more space than people realise. We have a similar layout & have 10m for it to work efficiently. I think it’s better to have a full wall of wardrobes & a luxurious bathroom. At the end to the day, a walk in only hangs your clothes! You only spend a minute in there. I wouldn’t put clothes in a bathroom - there’s steam & poop smells, and it just seems odd. You could even fit a bath in that en-suite for a hotel feel!...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years ago




OnePlan