POLL: Open plan bathrooms - yay or nay?
10 years ago
Yay
No
Undecided
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
POLL: TV in the bedroom - yay or nay?
Comments (51)I had a TV in my bedroom for most of my adult life, because I was living in a house share or a studio. Whenever I've lived in my own home - which I have for the last fifteen years - and had a separate bedroom, I've not had a TV in the bedroom. I haven't had one for the last eight years and I would hate to have one again. It's sort of intrusive and it has a negative impact on my sleep. I have a radio next to my bed and will listen to that quietly because it can be soothing. I love watching TV, just not where I sleep....See MorePOLL: Conservatories and garden rooms - yay or nay?
Comments (121)I never understood why people don't build their conservatory for year round use. It's all about light and heat control. Automatic sun reflective shades along the roof windows will keep the room from overheating in the summer and even help keep it warm in the winter. Proper wall and ceiling insulation, double or gas permeated triple glazing will keep it comfortable year around with the right heating. Add a wee wood stove in a corner with a simply pipe chimney and you have yourself a lovely winter sun room to brighten your cold winter days. If you live where there is snow, even better. It'll feel like a wee slice of paradise....See MorePOLL: Open-plan or closed layout?
Comments (22)Jan Johnson, I agree. Cooking fumes are always going to be a problem in open-plan living. Extractor fans get fancier but even some experts agree they're not that efficient. And even if they are, they're usually placed over the hob. What about the oven? Most ovens - Agas are an exception - blow the smells straight back into the kitchen. Very nice if you're baking bread or cakes; not so good for roast meat or anything containing onions. Like most things in interior design (flush-faced doors, blocked off Victorian fireplaces, fake-stone chimney breasts, feature walls) open-plan is a fashion. When it falls out of favour, we'll all be putting back the stud walls the previous owners demolished....See MorePOLL: See-through bathroom - yay or nay?
Comments (23)No thanks - I prefer to keep my privacy. No one needs to see their partner cutting their toenails or tweezing that stray hair of their chin. I stayed in a hotel in Athens where they had a glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom. They had curtains that closed to cover the wall and I did wonder whether they had had to install them because so many of their guests had complained....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago





Thomas Hanks