steffie

steffie
12 years ago
Hi,

This is a slight older picture, plus as you can see it was taken in the evening and around xmas!

My dilemma is the design and colors. Unfortunately the curtains are not mine but the landlords, so i am unable to remove them. Fair enough, i like the bordeaux color of the curtains. One seems to clash when i look at my picture, and i think it is the purple pillows. I absolutely ADORE my rug, i love the african feel to it (it is chocolate brown with creme flowers) and i wish to keep that feel! The walls are painted white as the room is quite dark during the day, i have a stupid bush in front of my window! However, the corner where the picture was taken (I was standing at the door) i have painted it orange, to give the (small) room a feature wall without being too much.

Any ideas how i could change the room at all? What do you suggest to do with my sofa? It is a futon bed which i love, however due to the futon being dark green on one side and dark blue on the other i am covering it and added these pillows. Something is not right in this decor and i am unable to put my finger on that!

Constructive criticism is MUCH appreciate. :)
Bare in mind that i am unable to change the curtains (i believe they might be part of the reason why its not matching though..) and i LOVE my rug. Any ideas? pictures to inspire me a little more?

Thanks in advance. x
Steph

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.