acew1234

New build flooring?

acew1234
7 years ago
We are planning a new build and have 90m2 of ground floor space that will have UFH.
The main area of concern includes open plan dining kitchen lounge which are open ( pocket door can close this off if nec) to the entrance hall and stairs, there's a utility and shower room off the hall. ( kitchen will have large sliding windows out to the garden) there's a separate living room which could be different flooring.
We have a big dirt attracting dog who needs to be able to get around without skating too much. Plus my partner will walk through in dirty boots...it needs to be easy clean.

I've looked at limestone, porcelain tiles and engineered wood so have completely confused myself! I definitely don't want vinyl through the place.

I like the idea of laying porcelain tiles without the sealing issues but not sure about faux stone or wood going throughout my house, although it can be hard to tell the difference.

The house will be rural so a city contemporary look isn't our look but neither is the country cottage look. Budget isn't huge either...probably up to about £45/m.

Any comments ideas or experience of porcelain tiles?
Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.