Archway between old and new, high & low skirtings
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Help us stop our new kitchen from going clinical!
Comments (43)I thought I'd update everyone as to what we settled on as most of you won't have seen the finished post. Went went for Little Greene French Pale Grey on the walls and then a Grey Quartz worktop which had worked quite well. To stop it from being clinical, we opted for some textured wallpaper in the dining area which is Bala Storm (I think) from John Lewis. We then added some natural tones using a wooden table, and then Vitra chairs. Along with wooden fruit bowl etc. The main window will have wooden venetian blinds, and the bay windows will probably be done in a darker grey material as the perfect fit style blinds you find in conservatories...See MoreHelp with 5 year olds room -paint, wallpaper, overall design and theme
Comments (26)Hi. I hope you don't mind me saying but the stage area may be outgrown quite quickly unless you put in a big stage but I'm not sure there's the room. If you do go for a stage, I'd put it in the top left corner as you come through the door with the bed in the right corner with the pink style canopy (which should just fit?). Personally I love the canopy pictured against the wall (you can also tuck drapes out of harms way) and it will grow with your daughter. Your daughter certainly knows her own mind btw! The striped wallpaper would be good on that back bed wall with a canopy. You could mix striped wallpaper with patterned on the other walls if she wants that ie the stars? I would probably try and keep it a little simple though with the feature wall and duck egg on others if you want the room to last. I love the pink and green lights in your pic, maybe someing similar with pink and duck egg? . Maybe try some decals in the dressing table area or go for the star wallpaper?...See MoreNew flat
Comments (18)Hi Jan, As a few people have said the costs can vary wildly depending on your personal preferences and style! Its like asking someone how much a car costs... it depends on whether you choose a Fiat Punto or a Bentley but they will both clearly still get you from A to B :) Flooring for example you would be able to get a basic engineered wood floor or Luxury Vinyl tile for around £25 sq meter at the low end but for beautiful oil reclaimed herringbone pattern you could easily pay £200 sq meter. You will also need to allow for fitting on top of this. Again, depending on whereabouts in the country you are, £25-50 a sq meter are reasonable fitting costs. For a midrange wood floor I would expect to pay around £60 sq meter but this is very dependent on style. Herringbone is probably 20-25% more expensive to fit due to all the edge cutting. Skirting board I would take a look at skirting4u.com as if you know the sizes of your room it is very easy to calculate for costs. Wet underfloor heating can be expensive to install, especially as you would need to take up your existing floors (clearly no issue if you are taking it all up to replace anyway!) We paid £40 sq meter for our wet system and then £2000 to have it installed (50sq meter room) Decorators vary depending on the area but £20-30 per hour is fairly standard. You will need to account for prep work of a good painted so budget for twice as many days as you think it would take you to do it yourself. Electricians come in at around £200-250 per day plus materials. Get a quote or two for the works your thinking of getting done as our experience is it takes more days than you think! Sockets- think about what you'll do in each room. Where will you sit to use your laptop? Where might you like a lamp or two? Where will you use small kitchen appliances like toaster, kettle and mixer? Where will you charge your phone at night? Where will you plug in a desktop computer? Some of the gadgets you mention are nice to have if they are important to you personally but are unlikely to increase the value of your home when you come to sell it. Bathrooms are another significant spend and I would very roughly budget £5-8k for a midrange bathroom to kit it or and have it plumbed in. You would need building work on top of that to create your second room. These are all very approximate and again, hugely influenced by what type of specification / finish you want for the flat but may give you some ideas. Hope it helps!...See Morehow to polish the finishes on wooden staircase and skirtings
Comments (14)Hi Alexi It is like a sealant you use it in a sealant gun. I used the yellow frogtape to mask up, then used the 'sealant' after I had finished. Take the tape off as soon as you've done. The only mistake I made was using a stain on the stairs that took 24 hours to dry which meant I could only do every other stair as bathroom is upstairs!. Have added a before pic....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago




lynmichOriginal Author