ghesp

Help us stop our new kitchen from going clinical!

ghesp
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
We're in the middle of giving out kitchen a massive refurbishment, and whilst we've picked the kitchen, we still need to chose the wall colour, floor tiles and worktops.

This weekend we finished skimming the walls, and we got caught in our tracks, realising that our kitchen may well turn into a clinical room if we're not careful, so please help!

We absolutely love these modern kitchens which span into the gardens. Unfortunately we don't have bi-fold door money, and we are where we are structurally.

The kitchen we've gone for is a Crown Imperial Rialto in White:
http://www.crown-imperial.co.uk/rialto/
In the middle of the room, we've got a bulkhead where our extractor is going as you can see in the renders, and our lighting is in as per the render.

Everything else though, wall colours/textures, worktops (laminate only - not enough £), upstands, tiles are all open for choice.
We're looking for any pointers, tips or suggestions anyone can give us to stop this from becoming a whitewash, and to give it the real wow factor.

The first 2 photos were taken at dusk, the 3rd was taken at around mid day

Comments (43)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.