Fixing the plainest bathroom ever
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Help with small en suite bathroom layout
Comments (63)We have been playing around with this today and this is the layout we think we will go with. Due to solid floors and walls if we move the loo we need significant boxing in. My app has limited selections of items but we will have sanitary ware in these locations, we think!...See MoreMy tiles spoilt my bathroom
Comments (117)Hi all guess what the bathroom still isn't finished but I put some accessories in it and it is already looking quite different. The photo doesn't do it justice it looks better in real life. It looks quite pleasing to the eye. Unfortunately I have bigger problems than how it looks. Do any plumbers know if this shower is access compliant? It has no cut-out or thermostat. You have to control the shower with the bath taps so there is a high risk of scalding. Considering this is a specialist company for mobility I find this pretty shocking. You can't shut off the water other than the taps. Also the temperature fluctuates as there is no thermostat. This is the pipework and electrics below does anyone know if this is legal? See how near the pipes are to the cables??? It seems a bit precarious to me. I am worried about the cables getting hot or wet. Thanks everyone for your support and wish you all a Happy Christmas....See MoreBathroom colour scheme advice
Comments (155)It looks great Sam! I love the cabinet, and the flooring choice too, you’d never know it was lino. We have Lino in our utility room, its so easy to keep clean...lovely and warm and soft under bare feet too! You must be so pleased with it, everything works together really well....See MoreNarrow bathroom dilemma
Comments (17)Thanks, Andrew. The layout in the CAD render I sent should work for you. I would urge caution with some of the other options proposed which move the WC - you just need to take care with adding too much distance & too many bends to your soil pipe. Another option is to move the basin closer to the door and have a large wetroom area beyond it which includes the WC - a bit like CreatePerfect proposed, but without changing the window, and with the WC in the “wet” area. It can either be close coupled, or a false wall (or half wall) added and a hidden cistern, with the wall fully tiled. I would then keep the shower itself further away from the WC. Personally, I prefer the first option shown, albeit a little unusual- but your space does not make an “elegant” solution easy!...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago

























Charles Buckley