Houzz Logo Print
marco_morandi

Help with lounge cabinets & shelves...!

9 years ago

Hello all! I'm planning a flat refurb, and thinking about lounge shelving/cabinets. Attached a photo.

Alcove A (right of fireplace). 212cm wide & 23cm deep.
Thinking of tv on the wall, cabinets below (obviously deeper than 23cm) and
some shelving to the side/above.

Alcove B (left of fireplace). 160m & 23cm deep. For symmetry,
thinking same kind of cabinets below and bookshelves above.

Alcove C (far left): 110cm & 30cm deep.

I’d love built-in cabinets/shelves everywhere, but it’s way out of budget. I
was thinking of something like this:

http://www.arredaclick.com/en/living-room/bookcases/modular-bookcases/almond-d45-wall-modular-bookcase.html

45cm depth door cabinets below, with 33cm deep
version shelves above. Width won’t be perfect, but presumably I could
just close it
off with a thin panel to make it look built-in? Also, these are
floorstanding,
so guess I’d have to find a way to elevate them on some kind of base
block
as I’ll have skirting throughout the room too? Also not sure how to make
it
look good given it will be deeper than the alcove.
Any suggestions would be
awesome!

Comment (1)