jodief83

Woad blue lounge, need help with decor

Jodie Franklin
6 years ago
Hello! So I've gone and made interiors mistake 101, although I didn't realise I'd done that at the time!

We have a north facing living room, it's fairly small/average for a Victorian terrace. There are high ceilings and tall windows.

We want it to be a guest bedroom too so wanted the overall theme to be intimate and cosy. I fell in love with woad by little greene which is a gorgeous deep blue, and we painted up to near the top and then reinstated a picture rail. We have bought a silver/grey sofa bed and the floor is a fairly cold/ greyish laminate which we can't afford to replace just yet. I looooove the blue but I can't figure out a few things are would like some guidance on any of the following.

- what colours would work well to accessorise?
- what kind of lampshade would work?
- what type of rug or colours would you recommend? My partner wants to go grey again but I think that's too boring and like the sofa
- would you say that blinds or shutters or curtains would look best?

My partner is going to build cupboards+shelves into one of the alcoves and we have no other furniture to go into this room yet. We will also reinstate the fireplace which has been bricked up., and add a ceiling Rose. Styles I want to avoid are hotel chic, nautical and country. I'm more drawn to eclectic style rooms with colour and texture but I'm afraid of overdoing it.

Here are some pics of the walls and sofa, some are before picture rail was put up and one is of our floor.

Thanks!!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.