mousemaclean

Underfloor heating or not?

mousemaclean
7 years ago
We had decided to put wet underfloor heating throughout a renovation project we are undertaking in an 1850s property that require complete stripping back. We will insulate to a high standard and put in new windows, so make as thermally efficient as the building allows. The dilemma arose when a family member asked if we were sure about putting in the underfloor heating on the suspended floors as theirs had never been successful. The lack of 'heat sink' of the concrete floor was felt to be the problem. Having listened to some very eloquent and persuasive talks about underfloor heating and been persuaded by professional that underfloor heating is best thing since sliced bread, what I need to hear is from people who actually have experience of underfloor heating to see if this one report is poor installation or is the actual effect of the heating. I just love the thought of having no radiators but do not want to run to the expense of running all this underfloor heating as this is a large property to find we are not benefitting as we expected to. Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. The picture attached is the attic room started being stripped back ready for builders to come in. This floor is some 8x12 m and will have two bedrooms and a family bathroom.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.