Comment to win a Miele appliance worth £1,000!
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (2.4K)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Win wiring accessories from Schneider Electric worth £1,500! CLOSED
Comments (251)Thank you for taking the time to vote and comment on your favourite light switch finish. The competition has now ended and a winner has been selected at random. They will be contacted shortly to arrange installation of their new wiring accessories by one of our Electrician Partners!...See MoreIkea Finsmakare oven / microwave - matching warming drawer?
Comments (16)Hi Lazylizard, I ended up going for one without any logo whatsoever from AEG on the principle that AEG is part of Electrolux who make the Ikea ovens. The model number is AEG KDE911424B. I recall it being quite hard to source, possibly as AEG have stopped making them or selling them in the UK. I ended up getting one from a white good reseller on ebay at an okay-ish price. I contacted a few resellers and it sounds like they get stock in every so often. If you see one advertised on eBay but out of stock, worth contacting the reseller and seeeing if they can get it in. The service from the reseller was actually very prompt. One annoying thing is that there is an internal glass tray in the warming drawer - when the package arrived the internal tray was smashed to pieces as it hadn't been fixed down for posting. The ebay seller was actually very responsive, offered either a return and refund or a replacement shelf - they sourced it from AEG and it arrived promptly. In terms of match with the Ikea microwave, well I am pretty perfectionist on these things, and it's somehow not quite exactly the same black, however I really do not notice any difference at all on a day to day basis. No-one has ever commented they are different. The builder said the finish was identical. The warming drawer is slightly less a deep black than the Ikea microwave. I am very happy with the end result. I attached a few photos - sorry should have cleaned and tidied up first but too much to do :-)...See Morekitchens - which bespoke joinery would be reasonably priced?
Comments (40)I cant figure out how to send a private message either! £15k on interior design / space planning alone was our budget for a 5 bedroom house refurbishment - I would say that ours definitely isnt ’light touch’ though - we get everything from the from the paint specification to a shopping list for every room and then a styling trip to come and do all of the finishing touches. Every room has everything from the floor covering to the window treatments to the files and designs for bespoke furniture. All rooms come with proffesional lighting plans, which can be handed over to an electrician. We paid around £3k for the structural engineer and £1k for the architect. We managed the project ourselves, so I dont have a comparison for that element i’m afraid but I certainly dont think that number looks unreasonable. I would definitely find out exactly what you are going to get for that money but honestly, presuming that the house is of significant value and your build cost is also significant (clearly important for spend to be relative) then that doesnt seem to be an unfair cost to me. Getting your space planning and interior design right, is a massive part of any project and can vastly change the look and feel of the finished house. We’ve all seen examples where people have spent A LOT of money on major reburbishments and the end result just looks a bit ’blah’ - its there in my opinion that an extra 5–10% of the overall cost would have completely transformed and ’polished’ the final result. Appreciate design is not possible for everyones budget but if its a possibility for you and you like the quality of their work, then I dont think that figure is out of the way....See MoreWashing machine, dryer or washer and dryer and heat pumps
Comments (10)I completely agree that the washer and dryer should be separate otherwise it's going to take you forever to have your clothes ready to wear. I had a Miele washing machine and dryer, but I made the decision to switch over to the Akai washer and dryer. I decided to swith because I'm always looking to try brands that are not over-hyped. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the Akai washer and dryer. Not only were they cheaper, but in my opinion, they perform the same. At the end of the day, were spending crazy amount of money on these devices (some a lot more than others) and they all do the same job. When I ordered my Akai washer and dryer, the washer did come without the filter that collects residue that's easy to access (on many washing machines it can be accessed in the front bottom corner). I contacted the company where I purchased it from and they told me that the factory where they came from made this error with multiple washing machines. They told me that I could get a refund or I could try and find the missing filter online because they didn't have it in stock. Luckily, I was able to find the filter online and the company I purchased the washing machine from reinbursed me for the purchase. All in all, my Akai washer and dryer work really well so I do recommend you investing in it....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago


Miele GB