sarah_freisenbruch

Family friendly sofas?

We are buying 2 large sectionals for 2 different rooms. One is a "casual" TV room and the other is a slightly more formal room that will have a bigger couch and more likely to have guests using it. We are planning on buying both of them from sofa.com in the UK. We have 3 children and it's in the country, plus there is a chance that we may rent the house out at some point. I find Sofa.com's fabrics a little limiting as they advise against Velvet for kids and the linens crease a lot, so once you rule out certain colours, you have a small choice. I really liked the tweeds they did but they've discontinued them. You can use your own upholstery fabric but I don't know where to start looking. Obviously if we use our own fabric I'm sure it will be more so I need to be careful how much it is per metre. The sofas have loose covers. I am unsure of colour at the moment (although one or both could be blue). I love light coloured couches but not very practical. Any idea how much I'd be looking at for a mid range fabric. Also, which fabric type should I look at (I think textured will be more hard wearing and hide marks?) and also, which sites shall I look at. I don't live in the UK at the moment and this is all VERY overwhelming! Any help appreciated.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.