Plants in the bathroom - yes or no?
9 years ago
Yes
No
Other - tell us!
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Calling Bathroom Experts ! ..bathroom saga.
Comments (17)Update -- my plumber finally returned. Not sure what he did while here, but he told me again it wasn't working -- then he did some work on a radiator which had a small leak. We were having a long discussion about options on pumps, new showers, taps etc and I read out the installation guide and he tried it again, and suddenly it worked. It is bizarre as I don't know how many times i tried it previously. My friend who works in construction ALSO called earlier today and tried it several times to no avail. It must have been extremely stiff or perhaps the plumber realised some airlock whilst fixing the radiator since I think water pressure is much stronger since he went. Thanks for everyones help -- i learned lots on plumbing and a valuable lesson to take out the installation manuals myself and not trust that trades men know everything!!! I feel like celebrating!!...See MoreOpen plan bedroom/bathroom yes or no
Comments (17)I think your design is great (love the wall finish!) as long as the toilet is closed off and ventilation is good. I think a bath in a bedroom can look great if it isn't the main bath in the house. We went to a lovely hotel which had a copper bath set on tiles in front of a fire. The hotel came and run the bath for you and lit the fire (think I could have managed the bath but not the fire at the time!). If it's not intended for daily practical use then it's great for a bit of me time or with your partner. I think most people who opt for a bath in the bedroom would then have a practical ensuite with shower or go for something similar to your design....See MoreSmall bathrooms more spacious?
Comments (8)Well, in Italy the washing machine can be hidden between the kitchen's furniture or, more often, we put it in a laundry room. In this case, we had a studio flat, so the best place for the washing machine was under the window of the bathroom, partially hidden by the window sill. Unfortunately i don't have any picture of that corner, but i can attach a plant of the flat......See MorePlease help me and my not so lovely champagne bathroom suite
Comments (10)I've been waiting for someone to ask me this :-) I think your first idea is a good one. You could go one of two routes: 1. part tile in white satin ceramic and edge with chrome or satin strip or a pencil tile - something from Original Style Glassworks range would look great but they are pricey- then paint two walls in a strong but not saturated blue toned grey: something like F&B Hardwick White or Little Greene's Urbane Grey and Inox - if possible get two shades on the walls. For the floor I would go with a grey and white lino check and accessorise as you've suggested - I would steer clear of anything orange that is going to accentuate the orange tone in the suite but ochre tones would work, for example macrame plant hangers. I would stick to chrome and satin nickel. Choose an off white for any woodwork - Flake White has a very slight hint of brown which would balance the champagne without you being conscious of it. 2. Again use white satin tiles and edge with chrome or satin nickel strip or a glass pencil tile but this time "lose" the champagne tone among other neutrals as you've suggested: from the Fired Earth colour card, shades like Canvas, White Ochre, Old White, Papyrus and again Flake white would work well. Again a grey and white check would work for the floor or even this wood effect, which picks up the brown tones. Accessorise with dark blue/grey accents and plenty of greenery. I always advise use of a sample board. Play about with paint samples. We sell painted A4 sheets for £1 each plus postage - cheaper than tester pots and more effective. If the different elements work together on the board, they will work in the room. Alternatively we offer sample boards to buy or hire - £30 or £15 respectively. Each board includes a range of compatible samples which you then pick and mix, eliminating what you don't like until you arrive at the scheme you want. Good luck!...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago





Bathroom & Kitchen Eleven