My parent's living room
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
Related Discussions
Help, tranform my parents living room!!
Comments (7)Hi Claire. It's a nice room but I think it's just got too much furniture in it and not enough accessories. Are there any pieces that could be moved elsewhere? The curtains look ok in the pic?! What kind of styles do they like? The furniture suggests a modern country look with maybe raspberries and greens etc. I would suggest a warm neutral on the wall and a large mirror to bounce some light. Sofas it depends on budget but loaf have some lovely ones that would suit a modern country style. I would suggest either 2 not too large sofas or one sofa and 2 chairs. The coffee table looks a little large but if the tv could move on the wall where the green chair is, the seating arrangement may be able to go at right angles to the tv and therefore turn the coffee table around...See MoreI want to manage my top floor as kitchen, dining room living room.
Comments (1)Hi Subedi, May I ask what exactly is your project? The picture is for the existing plans, right? So at the moment there is only bedrooms and bathroom. When you say manage the top floor as kitchen, dining and living room do you mean that you are planning to change the top floor entirely? Enjoy your day, Schmidt Dorking Team...See MoreHelp with furniture placement in living room
Comments (2)My parents living room has a very similar dimension and layout as yours. The questions I’ve are if the double door area has high traffic? Do you watch a lot of TV? My parents place layout is two three seater sofa facing each other in front of the fireplace with a TV console on the wall opposite, and bookshelves on both sides of the fireplace. My father watches a lot of TV in the evening whilst my mum doesn’t and she uses the space during the day to read and receive friends. The sofas facing each other creates a more formal space for conversation. For your space, I personally won’t have two sofas but one sofa with two armchairs, maybe mid century style on the side to the conservatory. For the conservatory, I could see both rectangular, square or circular dining table work. It depends on your lifestyle again. For example if you regularly have a lot of people for dinner, then a circular might be better. Whilst if normally, you only have less than 4, I might go for rectangular or square. As it allows portion of the table to have a vignette of magazines, candles and vases / plants. I’ve a 6 people dining table and mostly just two of us. So we use it for coffee, reading, more plants and books on one end. If you’d like to spend a lot of time in the conservatory, I’d incline to add seatings like 1 or 2 armchairs, a little sideboard or table to put a lamp to give different lighting level. Again very much depend on what your lifestyle is....See MoreI need help improving my living room and dining room
Comments (15)I think you could put the tv in the opposite corner on the other side of the window, then put the two chairs (if they'll fit) side by side on that wall (with the door) with the table in between. If these are a bit too snug, you could always angle them into the centre of the room. Then the sofa could go opposite the window at right angles to the door, but a little over towards the fireplace wall. This will give you clearly defined "square" sitting room area, which you can further delineate with a rug in your chosen accent colour and then add coordinating or matching cushions and throws. I would then move what I think is a glass cabinet (in the corner of the dining part of the room) to the left hand side of the radiator cabinet. I would then try to move the dining table more towards the kitchen and the now empty corner. For the dining table I would look at getting something like a table runner or a big bowl/vase/ornament with reflects your chosen accent colour which will visually join up the two areas. I would also be tempted to replace one of the pictures with a large mirror. And also perhaps think about getting different wall art....See More- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years agoCyn Cho thanked CRS Design Home and Gardens
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago




















User