ruthpc

Open Plan Ceiling Extractor Advice

Roo
6 years ago

Hello,

I last posted on here in March 2015 and am glad to say that we are soon to start knocking down walls almost 3 years to the day of moving in. In the meantime, I need some advice on the ceiling extractor fan (amongst many other things!). I have been looking at getting a ducted-out model (perhaps with an external motor) and not a downdraft one as the island will be use for storage.

Will it need a bulkhead? I would prefer it not to from an aesthetic point of view.

We have an opening roof window, but it's only intended to be used in the summer. Will the ceiling fan have enough clearance from it, especially if we go for an external motor?

Also in this article https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/kitchen-planning-how-do-i-choose-an-extractor-fan-stsetivw-vs~35186136 it states that you need planning permission. I can't find anything stating that its a requirement on my local planning portal.

Many thanks,

Roo

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.