Awful layout is bringing us down! Please, help!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (36)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Really tricky layout, please help....
Comments (12)I suggest dividing the room. Which ever side is the largest place the sofa and on the other place the chair. If you put the sofa in the bay facing the fireplace it wouldn't be too distant to enjoy the heat or the feature. Stage the chair to the side of the fire place. In the middle of the room leading from one door to the other place a rug as this will signify the route to take, lead the eye and create two areas in one room which are joined depending on whether one is sitting or walking through to access storage. I suggest paiting the doors the same colour as the walls - keeping the door frame and skirting board the same. The doors will then seamlessly blend in. To my mind you have an exciting room with the advantage of good storage. I suggest looking at palaces (seriously) as the rooms can have the same issue of doors. Look at how they are managed. Also, have fun with the lighting. As it is a library where will you sit to read? Write? Drink your port? Use lighting to create the mood for each area....See MoreCan anyone help me with reconfiguring my home /kitchen layout please!!
Comments (13)Whilst I understand the constraints of budget I think you are approaching the planning wrong. I think the way to do this is to decide on the layout that works best and then work out what you can afford to do now- perhaps you can make economies on purchases such as the kitchen cabinets to get a better Gliw in your home. An architectural designer or a concept planner are worth considering to help with this- they would also help you visualise the finished space too. If this were my house I would be thinking the entrance wasn’t big enough for the size of house and I would be concerned about privacy of the bedrooms at the front, I also don’t like the current kitchen being some distance from a window and being a heavy traffic area. Although I can’t see the layout properly I think I have got the sizes about right to show how I would do it. I have moved the front door to the middle of the house, shown a vaulted hall with stairs to two big upstairs spaces, shown the living space as completely open plan but with the option of using one of the downstairs bedrooms or one of the upstairs rooms as an extra living room. In my opinion there are often houses with long narrow extensions across the back that should have been better considered as invariably people need bigger spaces rather than more small rooms and retrospectively opening up the original house into this space is more difficult that building in the steels originally. So my plan doesn’t change any of the external walls of the original property but a couple of internal brick walls have been removed. I have just shown what is commercial and probably wouldn’t cost the earth but a designer would spend time trying to better understand your needs....See MoreLiving room layout help please!
Comments (5)This is what I've come up with so far - https://planner5d.com/view?key=aff85ece19d9b74772321723d983c60a Electric fire wall mounted, new settee and sofa chair, coffee table, rectangular tv unit. Large open shelf unit at end of room. Also, ditched the wood and going cream carpet throughout. Any suggestions appreciated!...See MorePlease help! Long, dark Edwardian terrace in need of new layout
Comments (15)Thanks for your plan @Wumi! With two of us working from home all day I don't think I could face moving the office or sitting room to the darkest part of the house. As the current utility room has a translucent roof at the moment, and a glass door to the dining room, removing it wouldn't really bring more light into the middle of the house, so I think whatever room(s) gets placed there needs to be something that isn't used for long periods of time or, perhaps, 'embraces the dark'. It's a relatively large space for a utility and toilet alone though. Any ideas for what other rooms could go in a relatively windowless space? I think my imagination has hit a wall! Thank you!...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
















J