chapss89

Extension Natural Lighting Problem

chapss89
6 years ago
I am having an extension built at the rear of my house. The first picture shows what the house currently looks like. The second is an idea put together with the architect.
It is a listed terrace property with permission to build a one storey extension at the rear.
The rear entrance is used as the main entrance as we park the cars at the back. From the extension plans we will be using the utility room as the main entrance as we don’t want to be trudging into the kitchen with dirty boots.
I am worried about the level of natural light the middle two rooms will get. At the moment one of them has been left open to allow light through. However the library/office will only have glass doors to allow light through. I want to keep the library office as it is, as it has beautiful wooden panelling all around. However, this could change depending on what advice I get.
Unfortunately can’t find the architect plans at the moment. I would really appreciate your feedback as I’ve been racking my brains out on this for ages.
I’ve been reading other floor plan ideas and the Houzz community seems to be really helpful and awesome. Usually notice a lot of good ideas from Johnathan, so would love to hear from you too.

Thanks

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.