t_graylish

A Study (sofa) in Teal

T Gray
5 years ago

My last posting on the library got so many responses with help and ideas, I am going to be totally selfish and post my next adventure in decorating the ridiculous Edwardian we acquired last year.

And so to the study. A room in which we spend an inordinate amount of time working and posting on Houzz!

The room was subject to the previous owners love of pale matt greyish purple paint, mid/dark grey paint and a statement wallpaper in matt black. The room is square but looked rectangular due to the wallpaper. We were nervous of just ripping it off because of the bodges we have found so we have been living with it for a while. Plus we had not figured out the colour scheme we wanted to go with the original fireplace (which has been hard to love if I am honest).

As a 'designer' touch the previous owner had put the wallpaper sideways and put odd squares here and there. The floors are the original floorboards and painted white. (no that's not an ominous stain but where the office chair had worn the paint off!)

The aim of the game then is to brighten the room and be sympathetic to the original features in it like the cupboard and the fireplace.

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.