craig_donald

Master Suite dilemma

Craig Donald
5 years ago

Hi folks!

I have a rather large bathroom and dressing area (the current layout is visible on Houzz - https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/a-mansard-conversion-master-bedroom-a-large-en-suite-and-a-roof-terrace-contemporary-bathroom-london-phvw-vp~23486796) which is a bad use of the space for me. Having lived with it for a few years now, I know I want to turn the entire space into a master suite so I can move the main bedroom to the rear of the property.

I just can't decide what to do, so I thought I'd ask the Houzz hive mind for advice. I would ideally like a dressing area, bedroom & bathroom in the space which is roughly 8.6m long by 4m wide. It is a mansard extension so one long side (on the top of the pics below) is at an angle.

I have three options. One creates a bit of a wardrobe corridor from which you access the bathroom. Another creates a walk-through wardrobe and leaves the bedroom with access to the juliet balcony, and a final option has a walk-through wardrobe into a bedroom, and puts the bathroom "around" the balcony but with double pocket doors to let light into the bedroom (there is still a large velux window in the bedroom space, to the left or just above the bed in each of the plans below).

I'd love some opinions and maybe some other options if you have them!

(ignore the slight dent in this last jpg - the space is a rectangle, this was from an old set of plans)

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.