nicola_combe

Help with Kitchen colour please!

Nicola Combe
5 years ago
Hi. We have a kitchen/diner which has units that run the length of the house. Built 3 years ago and painted the whole house white and now wanting to bring some colour in. The units are two tone ... a “greige” which I think is more beige than grey, and a wood grain which tones. The room faces east / west so sun in the kitchen window morning and in the doors to the garden in the afternoon / evening.

I only want to paint the kitchen/dining areas but as the whole ground floor is open plan I want to ensure the colour tones with the loving area too.

I am looking at gold/mustard tones and have several ideas including Little Greene “Yellow Pink”, F&B “Sunbury Yellow” and Dulux “Sundrenched Saffron 2”, plus others from other ranges. Before I go ahead I wondered if any of the colour experts would like to give me advice please?

Firstly is this yellowy idea a good one, and if so are there any tones you would suggest?

I’ve included a few photos of the charts I have, the room from both ends, and the living area so you can see where it leads into. The two walls to be painted are the one with the kitchen window and the long one through and into the dining area.

Any help you can give is much appreciated !!!

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.