sarah_unwinsuter

Tile advice please

Sarah U-S
4 years ago

Hi - we’re in a Victorian terrace and are re-doing the bathroom. We’ve bought this vanity unit in grey with a carrera marble top. We were thinking of carrera tiles on walls and a patterned encaustic tile on the floor - possibly hexagonal for either.
We’ve just realised the vanity has an upstand - so first question - does the wall need tiling too, or are we best to just paint?
Second question- has anyone got a carrera wall / patterned encaustic combo that you can suggest?
Third question - should we scrap the ruling idea and go for something else?!! Our other bathroom has lovely handmade metro tiles that we love - but this is the family bathroom where the kids will use and abuse it, and the thought of mouldy grout lines fills me with dread - hence wanting larger tiles/less grout!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.