kelliee83

Floorplan design help/advice please

Kelliee
5 August, 2019
last modified: 5 August, 2019

We are looking to buy a house and the layout isn’t quite for us, usually I walk into a house with an idea of what to change to make it work but this one has left me stumped! It’s very old fashioned so needs a lot of work anyway. The downstairs layout isn’t too bad although the halfway seems a little backwards, you walk straight through the door to be met with stairs then a long entrance hall running alongside and storage towards the back...

Upstairs is the main issue, as the house isn’t very long the rooms at the back of the house are quite thin. The black block in the bathroom is a water tank and this will probably need repositioning.

We would like to ideally change the layout of upstairs to create a master bedroom with en-suite, and change the bathroom to fit in a bath and separate shower cubicle as well as toilet and sink.

We are open to moving rooms around and possibly building extensions/loft conversion in order to get 4 double bedrooms. We don’t yet know if we could build above the garage as not sure what footings it already has in place.