mm128

Help with Bedroom Design

M M
14 August, 2019
last modified: 14 August, 2019

Hi,

I've been looking at designing and furnishing the master bedroom recently. I was struggling with what to do with the room and decided to take advantage of an online design service which had a sale. It turned out pretty well.

The houzz forms always give great advice and ideas so I was hoping to get some advice, critique, alternative ideas or enhancements to the design I have.

The room is a part of a victorian tenement. It's west facing but has a large window so still fairly bright. The floors are original oiled pine wood, with white trim and F&B Inchyra blue walls. I'm really happy with those colours so not planning to change that.

The Inchyra blue definitely seems more green in the light of the my room. There's a small walk in wardrobe with window off the bedroom - interestingly it also has a door into the hall. I've been thinking of just placing a wardrobe in front of the bedroom opening and using the walk in for general storage (I could use more storage!) but open to suggestions.

I would say the rest of the house is decorated in a mid century style maybe with some industrial touches. It probably makes sense to keep the same overall style in the bedroom but I don't want all the rooms to be so similar that it feels cookie cutter.

Here are some photos just after painting. Excuse the mess :)

The design idea:

I think it is looking good overall! It feels like it might be missing something. I'm just not sure what. The space on the side close to the window seems a little empty I'm not sure if the black wardrobe is going to work against the natural wood units but maybe it will.

The overhead lamp I will have to switch for something else as I was planning to use the one shown in the mockup in the lounge.

There's a lot of grey in the colour scheme. I guess it makes sense to keep things light because the walls are so dark. Possibly overusing brass - it is in all the rooms I don't want a brass overload. I wonder if I could make use of the window area more - maybe a long ottoman or something.

I'm open to any suggestions and advice, even something completely different :)

Thanks