will_gallegos

Living room re-do layout advice

Will Gallegos

I have an odd shaped living room / dining room and am struggling with the layout of the furniture. I have recently repainted it and decided it was time to see if I could make it work better but I am struggling for ideas! Below are some pictures along with one of my ideas for the layout however I think it feels too much like everyone is sitting in a line!

Ideally I would need to seat 3 people and have a TV located somewhere in the room. I would like to take advantage of the views out of the windows while seated but I am unsure how best to arrange furniture given the dimensions of the room to make it a nice, open and welcoming as well as functional.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas