webuser_433238753

New Bora induction hob with down draft

HU-433238753
4 years ago

Hi. I installed a Bora induction hob in September 2019 for a high end coastal holiday rental villa in Brittany. I have not rented the place yet and only cooked on it a few times as I don't live there, but as I was visiting recently I used the hob for one pan with a lid with olive oil in it, ready to cook some tomatoes. I was busy saying hello to guests and forgot about adding the tomatoes to the olive oil. The hob started beeping and as I took off the pan from the heat, I noticed that there was a dull mark in the glass of the ring I had used. I let the whole thing cool, thinking that the mark would go then but no, it is still there. I am very surprised as what I did is a very easy thing to do and you would think that the Bora could cut off, beep or whatever but without the ring being damaged. Now I wish I had not bought this Bora as holiday guests may have the same experience, such an easy thing to do.

Has anyone else had this experience? And what can I do to get my glass back to its shiny and clean appearance. Luke, thanks for advising as you are usually so helpful.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.