Backsplash advice needed!!!

Ami
last year

We need some backsplash advice for our kitchen we are in the process of designing. We have the layout we want and the colour scheme but we can't decide where the backsplash should start or end, or even the colour, material or design that would complement what we have already decided on.

As you can see from the design we have to cut the kitchen short on both sides, to accommodate for a door and window that open onto the main kitchen wall. The ceilings are also very high at about 3.20 meters.

The colour scheme we are going for is matte black (which looks very dark greyish whenever light hits it) and a concrete ceramic worktop that has a light pinky hue to it. The extractor fan, sink and tap will be silver and the floor will be wood. The kitchen continues on the parallel wall with only tall cabinets so the tiles would only be needed on this wall.

Do we tile just to where the floor and wall cabinets end and then extractor starts, or above the extractor to the top of the wall cabinets. Do we tile beyond the cabinets, maybe adding shelves? Do we tile most of the wall? (Who knows at this point!) Also, what kind of tile/colour do you think could work?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!