webuser_35207484112

Budget kitchen refresh - help and advice!

HU-35207484112
3 years ago

Having initially planned a new kitchen, we have decided to focus on other rooms and attempt a budget refresh for now. I'm looking for some creative solutions and open to all ideas, go crazy!

The room itself is a decent size for a small terrace, has a large window and is south-facing so gets a lot of light. Every colour ends up looking warm and slightly yellow. I think it lends itself to a more traditional, English country kind of style, but I'm open to other options.

Main areas I would like to tackle:

1. Walls - plan to go white, husband hopefully painting this week, I'm thinking a warmish white without too much yellow?
    2 Tiles: painted green by previous owner (including grout!) I think the easiest option is to paint over
  2. Visible boiler - any ideas to make it less prominent?
  3. Appliances - planning to upgrade and go for mainly integrated
  4. Cabinets: issue is choosing a colour that connects the travertine tile floor (pinky beige) and worktop (black/blue). I would consider changing the worktop but actually its in pretty good condition, so I'm wondering if our budget would be better spent elsewhere. Although a rug may help, we have a dog so not very practical.
  5. Creating an entry area: we don't have an entry, so need somewhere to store shoes and coats etc. Considered the top of the cellar but may get damp/damaged over time.

I've attached a photo of the estate agent pic, as we're getting a new dining table, painting etc this weekend. I'll add more pics once we're done. I appreciate that's a lot of different issues! But I'm hoping it'll be quite fun trying to tackle this. I plan on updating as we go.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.