lisi686

Open plan kitchen layout?

Alicia
29 days ago
last modified: 27 days ago

We are thinking of knocking through our kitchen to our dining room as well as a 3m extension to the back of the house, to make a space approx 7x7m. Our ideal situation would be:

- dining area near opening doors

- kitchen sink facing window

- seating area preferably near window

- some sort of island or peninsula

- a way to hide the messy area next to the sink from the dining area (thinking some sort of half height divider)

What we are struggling with is the best layout for the kitchen... there are some limitations including a utility door in the middle of one wall, and some internal cupboards off a neighbouring room that make the space less square (and can't be moved). I have made a couple of sketches of different layouts. Our preferred layout is possibly the one with the kitchen in stopping in the middle of the room (photo1) but hope this won't make the space feel smaller. The second option would mean the seating area is far from the window and the kitchen may be too long.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.