webuser_120653087

Damp in cavity wall

HU-120653087
3 years ago

I have a very damp wall on the gable end of my 1960s bungalow. When I thought it was the rendering- done 17 years ago the guy tried to get rendering off but discovered it was really damp and the brick fronts were coming off. The bricks and pointing were really wet. This seems to be mostly above my bathroom and kitchen door. In the loft the header tank is empty and the hot water tank isnt although its capped off. The damp is worse when it rains with water appearing by my door sides. Inside the cavity the insulation is really damp. The builder put a few vents in. Re- rendered over the bits he'd removed and said it'll have to dry more before we take it off and the wall really needs rebuilding section by section. We've tried to find the source of the damp. The new ish roof has dry verges which seem ok.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.