nightedition

Utility Room Layout Suggestions Please

Night Edition

Hi All,

Our utility room isn't a conventional shape and we're wanting to make sure we can maximise the space.

Within the room we need to fit standard sized washing machine, tumble drier, sink, storage for cleaning products and jackets/shoes.

We'd also like to keep a good amount of floor space in order to dry clothes on clothes airers.

We had though of the following layout however a 2 standard sized 600mm wide appliances (washing machine and tumble drier) would struggle to go under the worktop side by side without encroaching into the space I've highlighted red. Also, with the standard 600mm worktop on the right, this only leaves a snug 500mm access to the sink area.

I'd very much appreciate any advice or suggestions on how best to maximise the space.

Thanks :)