lorraine_knight61

Window alignment dilemna

Lorraine Knight
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am in the middle of my house build and we have to reduce the size of the window on the top floor with the red redesign (see below).

Currently all window panels at the front of the house are 600mm wide; this window now has to be reduced. It can be a maximum of 1400mm wide so there are 2 options:

1. Make the window have 2 panels of 700mm wide for this window; will this look odd against the other windows that are all 600mm wide panels? How should we align this window? Should we line it up to the window below it, if so we can only line up to the left handside as there is a steel on the right handside of the window.

2. Or make the window have 2 panels of 600mm wide and have a smaller window that is consistent width as all of the other windows? Then how would you suggest the window should be lined up?

These are the only options due to internal walls and steels.

2 window panels of 700mm wide
2 window panels of 600mm wide

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.