webuser_33730010

Help needed with small bathroom design layout

Amara H
2 years ago

Hi, I'm at the very beginning of having my bathroom re-done and really want to create a nice space that feels less cramped! This is a 1900's terraced house and we only have one bathroom which is on the ground floor at the back of house as they often are. Me and my partner have been trying to think of layout and design ideas and have agreed to definitely keep a bath. From the pictures you can see we have a wall that comes forward at the back of the bathroom with some storage space behind the shower which we really don't like and plan to knock through for more space. Bathroom size 188cm x 216cm

Option 1- We originally thought to remove the shower and have a shower in the bath, moving the bath left and up against the back wall as the ceiling is slanted at the back of the bathroom meaning its too low to have a shower in the bath where it is currently. The toilet is on the right hand side of the bathroom when you walk in and we would probably move that slightly over for more space so it's not so close to the door and keep the sink and radiator where it is but just upgrade these pieces. We also thought we would have nice tiles around the bath and paint the rest of the bathroom white.

Option 2- An idea that is still floating around in my head haha - having both the bath and shower separate, square/rectangle shower cubicle and a free standing bath to create space for the toilet to be moved over slightly with a similar layout as we already have or maybe even swap the shower cubicle and free standing bath to go on the opposite sides they are now. I'm not sure if this is just too much for the size of my bathroom and we are trying to keep within a reasonable budget. But any advise and ideas would be so appreciated on layout and designs.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.