laura_na

Too narrow for side extension??

Laura N
last modified: last month

I would love to knock down our garage at the back and have it brought to the side of the house, then add an extra bedroom on top. But looking at the size of our driveway it's just too narrow. 2.3m.

Also looking to add a small utility and toilet downstairs but I can't figure out how to make it all work.

Do you think a garage adds lots of value? I'd much prefer the larger garden. BUT we do need storage for bikes and we do a lot of handy work... we use the garage more as a workshop. Perhaps this could just be a small shed at the back of the garden, still making room where our garage currently is...

I'd love your ideas!