angm47

Finishing ideas for narrow shower room extension

Angie
3 years ago

Hi all,

We are planning a first floor extension to add a shower room above the hall, cloakroom and utility room, all of which are currently single storey. The planning application is in and we are now turning our thoughts to the design of the interior of the space. We’re open to ideas on walls, floor coverings, lighting, and anything else you can think of.

We’re thinking we’ll go with large panels in the shower area rather than tiles, and maybe even the rest of the room too.

The shower is by the front window, so we’ll need good obscure glazing and/or a good shower-proof blind. The house is Edwardian and we are changing our other front windows to sash, so this will also be sash, although probably pseudo sash, ie uPVC, rather than timber. Maybe even some stained glass involved. (I can dream eh?)

We’re thinking to have shower controls as you enter the shower rather than on a shower bar under the shower head. And I’d like a second shower spray for when I just want to wash hair, or clean, or maybe for dog washing if we get a dog. Not sure about rainfall shower, probably just a good adjustable height shower head.

The room will be very narrow, (about a metre) so we’ll choose a short reach wc. The opposite end to the shower will house the washing machine so we can use the utility area for other things. And other than fine days in the summer, we dry laundry upstairs so it makes sense for us.

Hopefully we’ll include storage for towels and cleaning products. And will have the laundry bin in there too.

I’m happy to spend time searching online for ideas, but thought I’d share here as I see so many inspiring ideas put forward!

Heating is another question. Add to the existing heating system, or go electric?

Do feel free to chip in with suggestions, and thanks in advance for having a look. 😃

Angie

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.