natalie_francis68

Garden design help!

Natalie Francis
2 years ago

We’ve lived here for 11 years and we are finally trying to sort the garden out. It’s south facing with neighbours either side. We recently replaced a tired office cabin with a bigger multifunctional building which sits right at the back of the garden on a higher level. Our intention is to create steps down into the garden from the front of this building and fill in the right hand side walkway with decking thus closing off the gateway to the side

We have also just installed a trampoline (8ftx11ft). We would like to hide this with some planting. Maybe grasses/bamboo. Behind the trampoline is a small decked area and to the side of that is a sandpit now turned possible veg patch.

We have taken out the path which ran along the right hand side of the garden down towards the cabin. We want to redesign the pathway so that it’s not just a straight line.

We’d like a nice area at the back possibly on the decked area which can be secluded to sit/eat. To try to create different areas to explore with jungle style planting and to blur the boundaries.

At the moment it feels like a lot to tackle and we’re not sure where to start. Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.