helenbewick

New Build Garden Design Help

Helen B
last year

Hi All - we have a typical new build garden in the UK although it is larger than most luckily. The end of the garden is another house gable which obviously feels quite imposing but we aren’t too overlooked.
We planted the 3 silver birches last year at the end, and to the left of these we will have a patio with pergola built in May as this area gets the last of the evening sun.
I then need to work on the planting. I want the back right corner to be a really lush bed that wraps and shelters the new patio but when you have such a blank canvas it’s hard to know where to start. I keep considering planting some Eleagnus ebbingei either almost as a hedge all along the back fence or pleached trees to start layering up the vegetation but not sure if this would take over pretty quickly as I know they can grow fast. As worried about trashing the fence.
Any thoughts or advice very welcome and thank you for reading!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.