jo_jones60

Living room colour scheme - please help!

2 months ago

Hi - we’re looking to redecorate our living room, which, other than slapping a bit of green paint on a couple of walls when we first moved in, we haven’t touched. My husband is keen to have a ”cosy, warm room”, which I think means he wants a room like his grandmother’s with a lot of ornaments, which isn’t really a style I like. Having taken some photos to post on here, I can see that the dark blue rugs really dominate the room, so I think they need changing, and despite it being a large room, it also looks quite cluttered (although it doesn’t feel like that). Only the sofas and armchairs need to stay. Oh, and the dog’s bed.

I’d be grateful if anyone can suggest how we can decorate to satisfy both of us, as I’m struggling! The back bifold door faces mostly east, so the late afternoon sun comes in through the front window. Thanks 😊

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.