FIND PROFESSIONALS

Help - venting induction hobs

Sarah Watson

Right, narrowed down venting induction hobs to the following:

Elica

Siemens

NEFF

As much as we'd love a Bora, just don't think we can afford the price point. I've heard their service is top notch but not 100% sure we're in the forever house so wouldn't want to leave the £5k hob behind!

Questions

1. Does anyone have any experience or reviews of these brands? In particular which model you might recommend? Probs thinking 70cm or 80cm?

2. Combi or flexi, or not much difference?

3. How much space do they really take under the counter?

4. How much faff is cleaning and replacing filters? I THINK Bora is the only one where you can put the filter in the dishwasher?

5. Recirculate or duct out? We're thinking of putting the venting hob on our island, and ducting out. But this would mean the duct would have to go 2.5m to reach the outer wall. Does this affect the effectiveness of the venting? A kitchen fitter mentioned this today. Is it only worth ducting out if the hob is by the back or side wall? Is there much cost difference between the two - pros and cons on each would be ace!