Houzz Logo Print

Kitchen Reno - help - is there another possible layout?

Poli Pop
last modified: last month

Hi all. I am new here.

We just got a new house (not moved in yet!) and already planning the diner/kitchen knock-through and kitchen renovation. All will be new, green shaker style but with modern twist, black and brass fittings/elements + oak worktops.

Went to couple of the highstreet kitchen free design appointments but they didn't help with ideas or creativity at all for now - typical. They just want to sell overpriced kitchens (hint. Magnet!). Waiting on couple others. All this is in central Scotland.

My need for help or creative ideas is more about the actual layout/functionality. Is there anything else besides the layout you will see below - that we can do? (taking in mind keeping costs down, already knocking down the diner/kitchen wall, closing off a diner door, changing the existing french door to a window to allow more worktop space/bigger kitchen space). I am pretty stuck to this design as well because there is a utility door. I don't mind it - we'll do the utility to match as well. But just keep wondering if I am missing a better opportunity for a slightly different layout of it exists?

Also a potential problem, the kitchen door being too close to the peninsula edge, but might just change the door opening the other way - outwards, or install a bi-fold (90cm) door.

Let me know if any of you sees another potential layout at all?

Much appreciated!