webuser_133045

need help with kitchen layout - kitchen units deeper than window edge

Mel Pierce
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

we are changing our kitchen window for french windows but I can't visualise whether or not it is ok to have kitchen units that stick out more than the door edges so that you don't have a clear view of the whole door. I'll try and upload a plan but this never seems to work Basically, I want to run units along the wall to the right hand side of the French doors along the whole length of the wall stopping about 30cm before the door. The right hand edge of the new French doors will be about 45cm from the wall - so the cupboards and oven will be slightly deeper. 1. Does that make any sense at all? 2. is it ok to have wall units and oven that stick out beyond the French door edge (they stop 30cms in front of the French doors). Building work has started so I have to order the kitchen soon - yikes! All help gratefully received

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.