Having a new driveway
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
New driveway
Comments (0)Hi, we are looking for ideas, approx quotes for a larger driveway at the front of our house... Would Tarmac or paving be better?...See MoreIm thinking of laying a new driveway and back patio
Comments (1)Hi there! Please give our team a call, we'd be happy to help! 020 8643 3007 Thanks, D Plumridge...See MoreCement plinth and new driveway
Comments (0)Finally finishing off the driveway and exterior of our 1930s house after renovating. The drive is going to be a warm red block paving. The picture and wall are the colours in mid painting, Plymouth grey on the wall and a dark grey on the door. I have 2 dilemmas and so many questions. The house has a cement skirt or plinth around the bottom. All the houses in the street have it and I’ve no idea what is behind or where the doc is. We have laid concrete and underfloor heating inside and removed the air bricks. The cement has cracks all over, some kind of injection holes and massive patches where the air bricks were removed. It looks dreadful but I don’t know what should be done. Can I patch it and paint it (what colour?)? Remove it and redo it (sounds expensive)? Patch it and skim it? The next issue is the step. We removed a horrid extension with a terracotta floor. When we lay the be drive I’m in 2 minds about a step. I’ve looked at regulation heights it’s a close call. Without an additional step it would be 250mm and the reg is 220mm. Can/should I ignore that and leave without a step or lower the drive and add a step at have it at 150mm. If I did that what colour/style should the step be???? Argh too many factors to consider and my husband isn’t interested and the builder is so vague!...See Morehelp with driveway
Comments (21)Missed this thread initially. Lovely house. And lovely family photos, including Dua Lipa...(lookalike) :-D. But seriously, your new steps and edging look good already. Don’t forget to share the final pics. :)...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago



















Sonia