webuser_962685677

a layout headache needing a cure

Helen
last year

My friend has a tiny budget and is thinking of replacing a worn out glass conservatory with a fresh new one or perhaps a single story sun room in its place.

I am urging her to take stock and plan first...seems that there might be an opportunity to turn this house that disappoints her into a home that she loves!

Briefly;

1. She and her husband share with beloved cats and dogs whose beds dominate the small reception room. Door keeping them out of kitchen stops them escaping outside when visitors arrive at door.
  2. Space under stairs not used apart from TV cabinet. Currently a stairgate in the reception limits access of pets to first floor
  3. A dining table is on the wish list (can eat without pets there)
  4. The current conservatory is in an enclosed back garden and provides the only access to the rear.

Sorry for sketch plan and measurements not accurate- the principles of optimising layout are key here rather than specifics.

If you can help I will be eternally grateful as it will cheer this otherwise despondent friend in 2023. Your support in showing her that simple planning can transform her life and not just spending on "off the shelf" conservatory solutions can be great.

Thank you

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.