ewanwarden

Internal wall removal HEADACHE!!!

Ewan Warden
5 years ago

Hey guys,

New here so thanks for any advice!!

I have just bought a 2 bed house, that needs a lot of work. Floor plan with walls i want removing in orange below.

I have got to the stage of speaking to building control on my own (no structural surveyor help as yet), and i have been informed it cannot be done. I then sought some advice and was told it could be done with a Plumis Automist system, but would then still need a firedoor on the first level. There is no room on the staircase for a door, it is a 1890 house with a very precarious staircase. It would also look terrible!!

The loft room was converted before the seller i purchased from bought, and does not have building control. I have liability insurance from the seller to cover this if anything does go wrong though.

My question is, how can i remove the two living space walls, to create an open plan living area, without adding firedoors and a sprinkler system. Any way?

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.