webuser_71660

size and shape of the new 2nd bedroom and wardrobe

20 days ago

So we decided to go for having a storage / wardrobe space off our main bedroom as we can actually fit a downstairs cloakroom under the stairs (yay) at some point.

that bedroom you see and the clothes storage is just currently one room which was the dining room (if anyone remembers my previous posts).

Our new existing bedroom entrance will be moved to the other side near the current bathroom so that old opening will go into the walk-in wardrobe/storage with a sliding door or bi-fold.

My issue is I don't really know how to split it and where to put this new bedroom's door??

I've left 100cm hallway width from the kitchen end (so top end) so it's not as cramped feeling. But should I have the bedroom entrance on an angle like I've done it or on the back wall?

If it don't angle the wall in that hall then it will be hard getting furtniture in an out so I think it needs an angle regardless of whether I put a door there or not.

Also how deep should the new wardrobe space be? I can put shelves to the left as awkward thin corner and have rails in front. There is a door sized entrance as the wall is solid brick so I cannot open it all out ie you have to be able to walk into it to access it.

thank you

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.