Porcelain/Ceramic Worktop Overhang
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Help us stop our new kitchen from going clinical!
Comments (43)I thought I'd update everyone as to what we settled on as most of you won't have seen the finished post. Went went for Little Greene French Pale Grey on the walls and then a Grey Quartz worktop which had worked quite well. To stop it from being clinical, we opted for some textured wallpaper in the dining area which is Bala Storm (I think) from John Lewis. We then added some natural tones using a wooden table, and then Vitra chairs. Along with wooden fruit bowl etc. The main window will have wooden venetian blinds, and the bay windows will probably be done in a darker grey material as the perfect fit style blinds you find in conservatories...See MoreCan't decide kitchen floor tiles, help please!
Comments (11)I APPRECIATE YOUR DESIGN DILEMMA. THE TILES YOU ARE CONSIDERING ARE REALLY PRETTY. I ALSO LOVE THE LOOK YOU HAVE BEEN CREATING. YOUR KITCHEN SOUNDS LIKE A FIRED EARTH STYLE KITCHEN, CLASSY. I HAVE CONSIDERED THE ABOVE ADVICE WHICH MAKES SENSE FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. I WOULD SAY THAT IF YOUR NOT PLANNING TO MOVE ITS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU CHOOSE A FLOOR THAT YOU LOVE. I HAVE LEARN'T BY MY MISTAKES. I ONCE HAD THE SAME DILEMMA AND WAS PLANNING TO MOVE AFTER MY SHAKER KITCHEN REMODEL. I WENT FOR TRAVERTINE FLOOR AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD SELL QUICKER. I DID THE FLOOR AND NEVER MOVED, SON MOVED BACK HOME WITH HIS FAMILY. I THEN LIVED IN THE PROPERTY FOR A FEW YEARS AND HAD MAJOR REGRET ABOUT NOT GOING FOR MY GUT INSTINCT ON FLOOR. I THINK THE FLOOR WILL LOOK SENSATIONAL. IT WILL BE STUNNING WITH THE COLOUR OF YOUR UNITS. JUST WARM UP WITH ACCESSORIES, COPPER PANS AND ACCESSORIES ARE VERY TRENDY RIGHT NOW. KEEP THE WALLS LIGHT. YOUR LOOK WILL BE TIMELESS. GOOD LUCK....See MoreDekton Worktops
Comments (25)@Izzi Robinson - I had all the same issues as you. Today, I went to one of Cosentino's HQ warehouses in Spain - I am VERY lucky that I live close by, and my kitchen guy installs 70+ Cosentino counters a year, so we were able to go into the warehouse and see EVERY. SINGLE. SURFACE that they make! It was mind blowing. What I will say, is that it is super, super important to try and see them in an installation first. The online colours are off, and the tiny little sample pieces are not indicative of the total slab. I'll attach a photo of the slab of Dekton we decided on - it's called VERA and is very different in real life to online. Secondly - the white calacatta-alikes were a bit too fake for my liking BUT not all of them looked bad. The different textures made a difference to how realistic they were. I currently have a beige Silestone counter. I've had it for 8 years and it's brilliant. I've had no issues with staining (I use lemon juice and a tiny bit of bicarb of soda if it's bad - and have done that maybe 4 times total. I do use trivets and mats and put curry containers on mats first etc, to prevent staining, so I DO take care of it.) I'd highly recommend it as a countertop surface. The other bit of advice is make sure you have a great fabricator - again in Spain I am lucky as there are tons of excellent marmolistas but I do think it makes a difference and that's why some people say they've had issues. I saw Entzo this morning and it was really nice. Rem is also not as bad in real life as you think, but it depends on your tolerance level for knowing it's not 'real'! Here's my Vera. :) It's even warmer in real life than this photo - and this photo is warmer than the official sample on the Dekton page....See MoreCopper island top - worth doing?!
Comments (7)A friend of mine has just taken their copper worktop out because it lifted from its backing and every food or liquid etched it. Could you choose something hardwearing like porcelain? https://www.neolith.com/en/collections/iron/iron-corten/...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago


Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre