Do you have a fire pit in your garden?
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (81)
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you have a water feature in your garden?
Comments (14)Yes we have inherited a leaky pond with a broken paving edge so thats a project soon to be started. Also we're building some decking and I'm considering extending the decking slats around two or three sides of the new pond. The garden is surrounded by unpainted breeze-block walls, so I'm desperate to get them painted but the weather is not on my side!...See MorePOLL: Do you have a fireplace in your living room?
Comments (50)A flickering flame surrounded by ancient carved stone - Antique stone fireplaces add both character and a sense of place to any room, the knocks and bumps of the decades nay centuries, connecting hearth to home. Even with the advent of central and underfloor heating we crave that focal gathering point that a fireplace provides - a room without a fireplace? Nowhere to hang the picture, mirror or tapestry, no were to put your cards and certainly no place to hang your Christmas stocking!...See MoreHow do you maintain your garden when you're short on time?
Comments (13)Weekly? Oh, how I wish it were only weekly. I'm out there nearly every day culling the three-cornered leek that has reappeared as a thick blanket despite me culling it in the first spring I was here, in my new house, then finding it had reappeared hugely aggressively last year and now, in my third spring, it's even thicker and even more widespread - and is now not only in the flower beds but also in the lawn, thick along the edge, scattered within it. Front and back. It takes about two hours to clear about a square yard - digging under the bulbs; banging off the (very good, I've been told) soil in which there are always several earthworms which I need to hang on to (obviously); then picking out the tiniest bulbs left behind. I don't think I can ever finish it this year - as happened last year - which means the problem will go on for decades. I don't really have the time (I need to work, I need a life beyond digging and clearing). The only solution I can think of is to bring in help but my budget won't allow that. I value having lawn so paving it over isn't an option. I will have less planting space, which will eventually mean less weeding, but it's not something I can do right now - I've too much to do to bring the indoors up to date. I disagree with Jo DP. The previous owners had a keep it wild policy and now I have this big problem with a massively invasive plant. And, yes, I have tried using it in recipes - it really isn't worth the effort of keeping it under control (to have a limited supply). I'm an experienced and adventurous cook and three-cornered leek is an overrated ingredient, even though it's free and in my garden....See MoreHow do you light your garden?
Comments (11)We agree with Litecraft as it does depend what you want to do with your space and as mentioned by GreenlinesDesign Ltd you can make use of lighting to highlight particular areas of interest in your garden. We are finding at the moment that garden spike lights and wall lights are proving to be popular sellers as now in particular seems to be the time of year when the weather has improved enough for people to start thinking about paying attention to their outdoor spaces. It doesn't just have to be a garden area though that you can light up as even if you just have a yard or patio space you can still make use of lighting to create an atmosphere for those alfresco dining times!...See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago

























VizX Design Studios, LLC