Houzz Logo Print
charlmummery

11 years ago
Today I'm going to try and decide on a colour scheme for my master bedroom. As you can see from the pictures, it's currently a shrine to Sanderson Suva print. I'd like to keep the curtains, but they may be relocated to a different room.
First job will be to see of I can paint directly over the paper. This property was completed in 1825, and the interior walls are lath & plaster. The original wall finish would have been distemper, and the main hallway and staircase to the property have a rather startling crimson distemper, I'll post some pictures another time. If I can paint the paper directly without it bubbling or peeling, I'll save a fair amount of money by not having to hang lining paper.
I'll be painting a section of wall over a join, and seeing what happens.
This is a north-facing room, with a lot of light from the huge bay windows.
I'm going to look at Joa's White (Farrow & Ball) as a starting point.
Updates later!

Comment