Changing layout to open plan
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Furniture layout open plan kitchen
Comments (133)I might get overruled on that one! (Although my husband is obviously wanting to watch it for different reasons!). I'm pleased that you're happy with it! That's great that they're washable, so handy, and that the dog likes it!! No Xmas took over... I need to look at it urgently as damp has now appeared in one room, I feel like I've cursed it :( we went to Bruges last week and I admired numerous houses, as you do (!), and I'm now thinking of slightly less traditional colours.... I just can't make my mind up, i wish whoever hadn't rendered it in the first place as it would be so much easier!...See MoreOpen plan or semi open plan? Floor plan / furniture layout help please
Comments (5)Hi all, Thank you for your comments; I appreciate them! Natasha - the units you have suggested are very much what I had in mind. We will have a shaker kitchen and the media unit would also be shaker style and would have 4-6 cupboards with the TV in the middle with book shelves either side. Part of the reason we kept a partial wall was to make the space more usable. I can’t envision how the fully open plan room will be able to meet all our needs, but I am open to ideas! I feel that open plan would be more impressive, but potentially less usable. With regards to the doors. I do plan to reverse the doors both into the kitchen and family room part, but couldn’t work out how to do it on the app I used for the floor plan. It is a 1920s house and we have the original doors which we are planning to keep. We are also keeping a lot of floor space as when the table is not extended, we still have young children with lots of Lego and trains etc. I plan for these to be hidden in the cupboards at bedtime. J - we haven’t installed the kitchen but we have ordered it and paid a big deposit. Some of the units are bespoke/irregular sizes and I don’t think we would be willing to change this. I have attached a photo of our rendered kitchen plan. Thanks again for your comments. It is good to have other people’s opinions and ideas....See MoreFloor Plan Help / Changing Layout
Comments (4)Hi Zana, if you are looking to extend your home then you may find our blog useful, its all about mistakes to avoid when extending. Here is the link if you would like to take a read - https://www.thelivinghouse.co.uk/blog-interior-design-tips/the-6-most-common-mistakes-we-see-when-you-extend-your-home...See MoreGround floor layout - please help! - open plan
Comments (13)Maybe just adding to the corner to take the porch width right across the back would help. By incorporating the porch area into the structure of the house it could give an informal dining area to the kitchen but also allow a travel within the home to be circular. I would consider a large slider or combination of slider and window to keep the outside wall letting in lots of light....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago









OnePlan