Tiling went wrong - Help
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Have I made the wrong decision?
Comments (57)Looks like an old thread but l'd like to comment anyway. Leave it as is. This is a great Mediterranean look. The grout is fine - a white grout would look rather blank here, and l'm so glad the mirror is simple and you placed it on a simple wood backing. The concrete basin stand adds an understated industrial touch whilst the style of the porcelain fittings is perfectly timeless and l like taps too. The shower sure does need a glass screen to keep water from raining all over the place! You could make the blue pop out further by using a combination of grey and two blues in your towels. Well done for this brave success!...See MoreWrong Quartz sent - help!
Comments (23)Thanks for the vote of confidence for the kitchen Wendy! And for the other contributions. Karen - our builder had also suggested a possible discount could be discussed which would be a massive help as we near the end of the project. Could make the difference in being able to tile our new boot room now instead of in a year for example! We don't dislike what's here now, it's just quite different to our original choice obviously. I'm also worried that if we make the wrong choice it'll bug me but sure it'll work out for the best. Thanks for the advice so far....See MoreWrong coloured tiles
Comments (8)Thanks for the advice, we were told by the builders we would need the fume hood although we have higher ceilings so I thought we could get away without having one as I find them ugly. As the cooker is facing a wall I couldn't find an alternative light source to put above the cooker. As my walls arent straight I was told I needed the upstand.. I think because it errs on the side of cream that it's totally put me off...See MoreSomething went "wrong" ~~ Advice please?? Thanks
Comments (22)The table doesn't look 'government issue' to me, it's beautiful with a lovely grain. I am not convinced the chairs go, they look a little cluttered around it. The cool white walls and the amount of wood look quite stark, I think they need breaking up a bit. To 'loosen' things up I would think about how to create some contrasts, some mid tone colours and some less structured elements such as plants, handmade items etc. As the look so far is quite reserved and minimal, I would think about adding subtle colours and lots textures to add warmth and character. The images below are of a formal looking space with dark floors, but the dark floors are broken up with pale rugs and the pale walls are broken up with characterful dark pieces of furniture and mirrors. As there is not much saturated colour, the variety of textures is really important, sisal, glass, gilt mirror etc. The wall colour in the images below is not pure white, but a softer neutral which is a bit warmer and easier on the eye....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago

Stone & Marble Diretto Ltd.