glgardendesign

From plain plot to party pad

This very compact courtyard was transformed in a couple of weeks into the clients dream garden. The brief was to create an outdoor space which could be appreciated in the day but especially in the evening for entertaining friends. The couple were also very keen on cooking outside and regally used their BBQ at least three times a week even in the winter, so it was vital to have the gas BBQ as readily available year round for ease of use. There were some difficulties to get around, firstly the two drain access panels needed to be accessible and the air bricks in the walls also needed to be unrestricted. 'Millboard' Decking was the ideal choice for this space allowing for easy access to the drain covers. The scale of the decking at 17.5mm also made the space feel bigger with its larger than average width. The free standing made to measure outdoor sofa was the perfect solution to place in front of the air bricks allowing the air to circulate freely. The pale colour of the horizontal trellis not only complimented the lime washed finish on the decking but also helped to make the space feel twice the size. The lighting was key and designed especially to illuminate the beautiful London Stock bricks but also the tropical foliage creating a warm and atmospheric space which could be appreciated even in the winter through the comfort of the bifold doors. The clients were over the moon. All this was achieved for 10K

Comments (34)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.